Having naturally curly hair is something not in your hand.
You might be in love with the hairstyle because it something you are always amazed at. It’s pretty obvious to be obsessed…
Women with naturally straight hair spend a lot of time curling their hair to add volume and texture to their vertical tresses.
There are a ton of ways to style your locks in that manner. But choosing one wrong method can do irreparable damage to your hair.
Hence, it is necessary to have an expert opinion before you curl hair. Here are some proven ways to effectively draw curly hair.
How to Draw Curly Hairs:
1. Twist and Press Curl Method
3. Making a Bun
4. Using Curling Rod
5. Using a Curl-Enhancing Créme
6. Add Diffuser to Blow Dryer
7. Try Headband
8. Perm Your Hair
9. Use Pin
1. Twist and Press Curl Method
We are all habitual of rigorously rubbing our hair after a shower. It adds friction to our hair, making it frizzy. But, the ‘Twist and Press’ technique preserves the shine and gives voluminous effects to your hair. You can achieve these curls in just a few simple steps:
- After shampooing your hair, take your towel and start twisting and pressing it in an upwards direction.
- Continue this process until your hair stops dripping.
- Once your hair is damp, leave it and allow it to dry naturally.
- When your hair is entirely dry, set your soft curls with a hairspray or a curl-defining creme.
2. Plaiting is Awesome!
Plaiting your naturally straight hair not only gives your hair some kinks but also adds immense volume to it. To achieve this look, you should follow these simple steps:
- After a shower, soak up your hair until it’s damp.
- Divide your hair into two sections and knead it into fine plaits.
- Let your hair dry naturally overnight, or use a blow-dryer in a low setting if you are in a rush.
- Once your hair is dry properly, open the braids and use your fingers to comb out your curls.
- Use hairspray to keep your hair locks intact the whole day.
3. Make a Hair Bun
Wondering how you can acquire beautiful beachy waves without using a curling rod? Well! The answer to this question is just by tying your hair in a bun. To achieve this look all you have to do is:
- Divide your damp hair into two equal parts or take your whole hair and tie it in a ponytail.
- Use a sock or a hair bun maker and start rolling your hair into a bun.
- Allow your hair to dry overnight.
- Open your hair once it is dry and set it with a hairspray. Enjoy those beautiful soft beachy curls the whole day!
4. Using a Curling Rod
The simplest way to curl your straight hair is by using a curling iron. Women with long hair can smoothly turn their straight hair into relaxed waves with a curling iron. But remember to use a heat protectant spray to your hair before using the rod. For this look, follow these steps:
- Twist the strands of your hair individually around the curling wand.
- Leave your hair in the wand for five seconds.
- Repeat the process until you are done with all the strands of your hair.
- Gently comb your curls and spray them to keep them looking beautiful the whole day.
5. A Curl-Enhancing Créme Do Wonders
Using a curl-enhancing créme removes frizz and adds definition to your hair. Use some curl-enhancing product on either dry or damp hair. If you are getting ready for a party or prom, you can opt for curl-enhancing créme. Moreover, it will not make your hair feel crisp like a hair gel when it dries.
- Take some curl-enhancing créme and apply it all over your damp hair.
- Start twisting it upwards with your hand.
- Continue doing the process until your hair starts getting curly.
- Leave it as it is and enjoy those luscious curls the whole day.
However, we recommend you to choose the product wisely and as per your hair type as you don’t want your hair to look bad and out of shape.
6. Add Diffuser To Blow-Dryer
For evening-out curl patterns, a diffuser is used. In this process, you need to do the following steps to get that luscious curly hair:
- Add a diffuser to your blow-dryer and turn it on a low setting.
- Put all your wet hair into the diffuser and start drying your hair pressing the blow-dryer in an upwards direction.
- Once your hair is entirely dry, you will see beautiful curls.
- Set it with hairspray or a curl-defining gel to keep it looking as it is all day long.
7. Head Bands are Incredible
Another method to give your hair a perfect beachy wave is using a hairband. In this process, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Fold a headband over your damp hair.
- Take a few strands and start folding them over the hairband.
- Stick another strand of your hair with the first strand and continue the process all over your hair.
- Use a blow-dryer to dry your hair, or leave it solely and let it dry naturally.
- When your hair is dry wholly, open up the hair and let it down.
- Comb your hair with fingers and start wrapping it upwards.
- Use a hairspray to hold back the shape of the curls.
8. Perming Your Straight Hair
Perming your hair leaves you with nice manageable hairs. They can be styled in almost all desired patterns. Here is how perming hair works.
- In this process, hairstylists wrap a roller or rods to your hair and add the perm solution to it.
- Then, they heat the solution so that your hair adapts to the shape of the rollers or the rod.
- After heating, they wash the hair and style it accordingly.
It is a bit lengthy process of about two hours and it lasts up to six months. However, you have to maintain, and take valuable care of your hair to keep your hair from losing moisture. It is done by a professional hairstylist only.
9. Try Pinning
If you love mini spiral curls, pins can work super fine to get you a unique look. It can definitely help you stand out.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to achieve this look:
- Apply a smoothening product to your damp hair
- Take a which strand of your hair.
- Wrap your hair around your fingers until it reaches the roots.
- Remove your finger and secure the circle to your roots with the bobby pins.
- Continue the process until all your hair strands are pinned in place.
- Spray your hair with a hairspray to set your curls.
- Let your hair sit for 12-15 hours.
- Start opening the hair one by one and comb it properly.
- Set it with a hair spray, and you are done!
At last, no matter what type of hair products you use, it is advised to choose wisely as it is significant to maintain the health of your hair and keep it safe from damages. Also, instead of making your hair curly, you can opt for different ways to make your hair look stunning in all of its natural manners.